Sunday, October 17, 2010

Focussing On The Bad!

If you were looking for employment and could place anything on your resume and have it be true about you, what would you choose? I am going to provide you with some facts about someone famous and once these few facts have been listed I am going to tell you who this person is.

   This man is a trained pilot. He is able to get into just about any aircraft and fly himself anywhere he wants to go in the world. He is a Harvard graduate. He leaded the largest state body in the United States of America. Harvard!!! Wow. Just that notation alone on any resume will land you any job you could possibly think of in your career field. 
     Do you know who this person is?
              
             George W. Bush, our previous president.
 Statistics show that 85% of Americans felt he did a poor job of running this country while in office and 95% of Americans do not care for him as a person. Do you know that when I tell people about his accomplishments they normally respond with, "I thought he was stupid!" LOL. Yea,, me too.
    Even with his accomplishments and all he's done for Texas's educational and bilingual programs most people, including myself, cannot see any real good in what he's done for this country because in our eyes he's done way too much wrong.

    John F. Kennedy Jr., on the other hand had help from his father getting through school along with his brothers. Had supposed ties with the Mob. Engaged in marital affairs while in office and supposedly abused drugs from time to time. With all of this being said this man was the most highly respected and adored president this nation has seen.  He had a great moral leadership role in the Civil Rights movement of the 60's and because of this he captured the hearts of America. My grandmother loved him. You could not come into her house and say anything in a negative fashion about this man or you would literally be put out of her home!!! LOL

           It is easier to focus on the negative attributes of a person. Once we get an idea or opinion of a person stuck in our brain it becomes extremely hard to sway that view no matter what the person does after the fact.  

 We as human beings are sometimes viewed as emotional vampires. We feed off of the misery and hardship of others whether it be in a good or bad way. Whether we want to help out or keep someone down, either way it will catch our attention.  I hate this about us sometimes.  Why is it so hard to grasp and keep our attention when the situation is purely good. I swear I sometimes wish I was a MARTIAN!! 

2 comments:

  1. Girrrrlll... emotional vampires?? STAMP!!! (back home that means TRUTH!!! STAMP OF APPROVAL LOL) But uh, as far as Bush and Kennedy, their agendas were too different. Bush is WITH the nonsense and Kennedy was AGAINST it. So I'll overlook Kennedy's trangressions as I know the devil was riding his back cause he really did want a different way for this world, where as Bush has it easy cause he's right in lock step with it... But I dig what you're saying and COMPLETELy agree, but Bush ass...hmph! (LOL) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Lisa!! U are correct, I swear I can't stand Bush but just trying to get a point across u got some people that would give their lives for that man & some that will kill his behind personally LOL!!! Once we get an idea of someone locked into our brains there is no unlocking it no matter how much the person may change at some point in time.

    ReplyDelete